Nice to meet you ESL Video Lesson
- Language Objectives: To greet people for the first time using formulaic expressions.
- Vocabulary/Phrases: nice, meet, you,
Numbers: How many apples? ESL Video
- Language Objectives: To use the question phrase ‘How many’ to ask questions with numerical answers, and to understand the phrase ‘How many’ and respond appropriately with a numerical answer.
- Vocabulary: Numbers – one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten. Nouns - apples, dogs, etc.
Age: How old are you? ESL Video Lesson
- Language Objectives: To use English phrases to ask about age and to tell someone your age.
- Vocabulary/Sentences: Numbers – one, two, three, four, five, six. Age-describing words: years, old etc.
Actions: Can you run fast? ESL Video
- Language Objectives: Use the ‘can/can’t’ auxiliary to ask and answer questions. Use a modal verb as a contraction with an action word.
- Vocabulary: action verbs – jump, run, swim, fly, walk, clap, write etc.
Clothes: What are you wearing? ESL Video Lesson
- Language Objectives: Use colors as the describing words for clothing.
- Vocabulary: clothes - T-shirts, shorts, skirts, etc. Colors – yellow, purple, pink, red, green, etc.
Toys: Where is my teddy? ESL Video Lesson
- Language Objectives: Use ‘where is’ and other prepositions of place to ask where things are located. Learn how to answer the question that starts with ‘where is’.
- Vocabulary: toys – teddy bear, robot, car, airplane, etc.
Transportation ESL Video Lesson
- Language Objectives: Use the phrase ‘how do you?‘ to ask questions about transportation. Recognize that the phrase ‘how do you?’ requires an answer and provide that answer.
- Vocabulary: transportation – foot, car, plane, bus, bicycle, taxi, truck, van etc.
Jobs ESL Video Lesson
- Language Objectives: Describe what people do for a living and ask questions about their jobs. Learn how to answer the same questions.
- Vocabulary: jobs –doctor, dentist, nurse, police officer, firefighter, teacher, farmer etc.
Weather & clothes – How’s the weather? ESL Video Lesson
- Language Objectives: Use ‘how’ to ask questions about what the weather is like. Use key phrasal verbs to describe how to dress in the weather (put on, take off, etc).
- Vocabulary: weather conditions – sunny, hot, rainy. weather clothing- sunglasses, umbrella, sweater, shorts, hat. phrasal verbs - put on, take off etc.