Telling time, o’clock, half past ESL Video
- Topic: Telling time, o’clock, half past
- Communication Objectives: In this lesson, students will expand on their knowledge of time. They have previously learned ‘half past’ and ‘o’clock’. This lesson will focus on ‘quarter to’ and ‘quarter past’.
- Language Objectives: Viewers will learn how to tell time in English.
- Dialogue Story: This lesson is a second part of the previous lesson. Lisa and Freddie have gotten up late. Now, they arrive at school and are punished by the principal. They get home late, too.
- Sentence Structures:
- It’s a quarter past 8 and you are late for lessons.
- What time do you usually go to bed?
- We usually go to bed at a quarter to 11.
- It’s 3:30 pm and our lessons are over for today.