- Topic: Birthday and asking about age.
- Vocabulary: numbers 1 – 10, old, almost, six, how
- Grammar: Ask questions about a person’s age by using the phrases “How old are...?/How old is...?”. This lesson also introduces a non-question word to aid in asking about age. Kids will also use the 1st, 2nd and 3rd person singular with the verb ‘to be’.
Question Word Questions:
- How old are you, Lisa?
- How old is Freddie?
Non-question Word Question:
- Are you five years old?
- I’m seven. / I am seven.
- She’s ten. / She is ten.
1st, 2nd and 3rd-person singular with verb ‘to be’ in the present tense:
- I am five. (1st person singular)
- Your are five. (2nd person singular)
- She is five. (3rd person singular)