https://www.eslgamesplus.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/numbers.jpg 130 180 ESL Games PLUS https://www.eslgamesplus.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/esl.png ESL Games PLUS2014-04-05 07:15:372016-01-29 13:06:18Numbers: How many apples? ESL Video
Numbers: How many apples? ESL Video
- Topic: How many apples?
- Communication Objectives: To count within ten (1-10) and ask questions that have responses in numerical format.
- Language Objectives: To use the question phrase ‘How many’ to ask questions with numerical answers, and to understand the phrase ‘How many’ and respond appropriately with a numerical answer.
- Vocabulary: Numbers – one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten. Nouns - apples, dogs, etc.
- Sentence Structures:
- How many dogs are there?
- There is one dog.
- How many cats are there?
- There are two cats.
- How many: Get a numerical response to a question with the phrase ‘how many’
- There is: when there is only one item. (There is one dog. / There is a dog.)
There are: where there is more than one item. (There are two dogs. / There are three dogs.)