- Topic: Jobs – My father is a doctor.
- Communication Objectives: Talk about people’s jobs.
- Language Objectives: Describe what people do for a living and ask questions about their jobs. Learn how to answer the same questions.
- Vocabulary: jobs –doctor, dentist, nurse, police officer, firefighter, teacher, farmer etc.
- Sentence Structures:
- What does your mother do?
- She is a teacher.
- She teaches children.
3rd person singular: We will use the 3rd persons singular with verbs. Instead of adding ‘s’ to the verb like we generally do, we will add ‘es’ to these verbs.
- I do / He does / She does
- I take care of teeth. / He takes care of teeth.
I look after sick people. / He looks after sick people.