- Topic: Transportation – I come to school by car.
- Communication Objectives: Talk about the means of transportation.
- Language Objectives: Use the phrase ‘how do you?‘ to ask questions about transportation. Recognize that the phrase ‘how do you?’ requires an answer and provide that answer.
- Vocabulary: transportation – foot, car, plane, bus, bicycle, taxi, truck, van etc.
- Sentence Structures:
- Do you always come to school by plane?
- Yes, I do.
- How do you come to school?
by car / on foot: Use the preposition ‘by’ when the mode of transportation is a machine (car, boat, truck, etc). Use the preposition ‘on’ when we walk. We go ‘by’ that machine. We go on foot.
- I come to school by plane.
- I come to school by boat.
- I come to school on foot. (CORRECT)
I come to school by foot. (WRONG)