- Topic: What fruit is this?
- Communication Objectives: To express preferences for fruit and to ask about them.
- Language Objectives: To listen to yes or no questions and respond. To ask yes or no questions and understand the answers.
- Vocabulary: fruits – apple, lemon, orange, banana, pineapple, peach, avocado.
- Sentence Structures:
- What fruit is this?
- It’s an apple.
- Do you like apples?
- Yes, I do.
- No, I don’t.
- Grammar: Use ‘Do you like…?’ questions to ask about a person’s preference and to get a yes or no answer. To practice using contractions:
- Do you like …? (question with a yes or no answer)
- don’t… (‘do not’ in contracted form)
Singular: In this lesson, we will learn the use of ‘a/an’ to focus on singular nouns. When the following word starts with a consonant sound, we use ‘a’. When the following word starts with a vowel sound, we use ‘an’. Look at the following examples:
- a grape – an eggplant
- a pineapple - an orange
a pear – an avocado