Jobs ESL Video
- Topic: Jobs – I want to be
- Communication Objectives: Children learn to use job vocabulary to talk about what they want to do as adults.
- Language Objectives: To use the phrase ‘want to’ to express what children would like to do for jobs when they are older.
- Dialogue Story: When Freddie sees smoke at Bob’s house, his Mom tells him to call the fire department. The firefighters come to Bob’s house and put out the fire, rescuing Bob and Sally inside the house. Freddie calls his dad, who is a doctor, so that he can come home and help them. Freddie’s Mom is a nurse, and she uses her job to help out too. The children talk about the jobs of being a nurse, doctor, and firefighter. They talk about what they will be when they are older.
- Sentence Structures:
- When I grow up, I want to be a firefighter.
- I want to be a doctor like your dad.
- I want to be a nurse.
Back to top