https://www.eslgamesplus.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/name.jpg 130 180 ESL Games PLUS https://www.eslgamesplus.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/esl.png ESL Games PLUS2014-04-05 06:46:322016-01-29 12:33:59What’s your name? ESL Video
What’s your name? ESL Video
- Topic: What’s your name?
- Communication Objectives: To understand and ask questions about names, and to be able to provide answers to the questions.
- Language Objectives: To be able to answer questions about oneself using the English language. To be able to ask questions about someone else using English language.
- Vocabulary: Possessive adjectives - my, your. Proper nouns – Bob, Freddie, Lisa and Sally. Possessive adjectives are describing words that are used to claim something as your own. Nouns are a person, place or thing and proper nouns are a person, place, or a thing with a name. Proper nouns are always capitalized. Nouns are only sometimes capitalized.
- Sentence Structures:
- What’s your name?
- My name is Bob.
- Grammar: Practice using ‘my’ and ‘your’ in everyday language, as they are possessive adjectives. Possessive adjectives are adjectives that tell who owns, or claims, something. Possessive adjectives show who something belongs to.
- My name is Bob. (means this is Bob’s name; it belongs to him).
What’s your name? (What name belongs to you?).